Become a Class Ambassador
If you would like to serve as a Class Ambassador for your class or would like more information, please contact Shauna Litwin.
Class Ambassadors support the four pillars of alumni engagement, as defined by the alumni association: volunteering; community; lifelong learning and philanthropy.
Our Class Ambassadors enable the Jones Graduate School of Business to most effectively meet the needs of students and alumni. They communicate with classmates on behalf of Rice Business, encourage participation in the Rice Business Fund, and create a sense of community. We are grateful to them for all their hard work and look forward to seeing all the amazing things they accomplish this year!
1987: Angela Minas
1999: Patrick Van Pelt
2006: Kevin Huston
2008: Kevin Cumming
2009: Alex Donn, Kian Granmeyeh
2013: Samantha Hobbs Kast, Mindy Smith
2015: David Aldrich, James Zhao
2016: Fernando Villarreal
2017: Caitlin Crotty, Andrew DiBello, Meghan Fisher, Alan Henson, Samantha Lewis,Tim Stephens
2018: Andres Cuadrado, Gabriela Orozco Morales, Diane Yoo
2019: Asad Akram, Jenna Thomas
2020: Mary Grimes, Kory Li
2021: Danish Ali, Carlotta Bianchi, Sam Pannunzio, Victoria Philippova
2022: Sunita Dharani, Sarah Kirmani, Nicole Neal, Megan Smith
- Attend alumni events
- Encourage classmates to attend alumni events
- Share stories about classmates with the Alumni Relations team so that we can highlight the news
- Examples: babies, promotions, new jobs, etc.
- Maintain regular contact and update your classmates about Rice Business
- Communicate regularly with the Alumni Relations team
- Class Ambassador recognition at events
- Special swag
- Social media recognition
- Reconnect with classmates
How do I become a Class Ambassador and what are the terms of service?
- Class Ambassadors can be nominated by classmates or by themselves.
- Class Ambassadors serve a one-year term, which commences on July 1 (in alignment with the alumni association board’s operating year).
- Class Ambassadors may, upon completing their first year, renew for an additional one-year term if so desired.
- In the case of vacancies due to expiration of term or resignation, the Class Ambassador leaving must help Alumni Relations find an interested classmate to serve as the new Class Ambassador.