If Creativity Sparks the Big Idea, Innovation Brings It to Life.
At an organization where big ideas are always brewing, the three core elements of an innovation strategy are people, process and culture. Now you just need to understand how to apply it to your organization.
Learn from the leading scholar on creativity and innovation along with in-depth discussions from top industry innovators on how to identify, cultivate and manage innovation at the individual, team and organizational levels.
Come away with skills to lead innovation at your own organization and create and sustain an innovation culture.
Upcoming Dates & Tuition
May 6-8, 2024
Meet Your Professor
Professor Zhou's areas of expertise include creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and negotiation. She is a highly accomplished scholar who ranks among the top 1% of influential researchers in business and management.
Jing Zhou, Ph.D.
Deputy Dean of Academic Affairs, Rice Business
Mary Gibbs Jones Professor of Management and Psychology
Business Innovation Keynote Speakers and Advisory Board
The Leading Innovation program is supported by an advisory board consisting of distinguished innovation leaders. These advisors provide feedback on the program's curriculum and serve as keynote speakers during the program. Participants have the exceptional opportunity to learn from and connect with influential individuals who are driving change.
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
Huntsman Advanced Materials
Houston Methodist Hospital
Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County
I have tackled innovation leadership and contributor roles over the years, and this is the first time that I've learned of tools and models that can help innovation programs succeed. I can use a lot of the teachings in my day-to-day activities.
Product Development Technical Professional, Energy
Who Should Attend
- Individuals at all levels who have the drive to innovate and facilitate innovation in their organizations
- Leaders looking to identify, cultivate and manage innovation within their teams
Past Participants Include
- Director of Innovation, Healthcare
- VP of Products, IT Software Development
- Product Development Technical Professional, Energy
- Training Officer, Military
- And more
- Skills to lead innovation
- Proven innovation models which can be used in your own organization
- Strategies for creating and sustaining an innovation culture
Additional program benefits for individuals
- Expand your professional skillset with knowledge of business innovation methods
- Influence others, even without formal authority, for acceptance and adaptation of new ideas
- Build coalition for championing and implementing new methods and processes
Additional program benefits for organizations
- Create new or improve existing products, services and business models
- Leverage design thinking principles to strengthen your innovation toolkit
- Resolve everyday business challenges by applying robust innovation practices
This program will address the three core elements of innovation strategy to ensure sustainable growth in all organizations – People, Process and Culture.
|Core Elements of Innovation Strategy|
|People||Leaders are responsible for building and leading innovative teams who embrace opportunities and implement these ideas. Focus on how to introduce new strategies which enable others to think and act innovatively.|
|Process||The lifecycle of innovation evolves from idea generation through implementation. The process of leading the entire innovation value chain is essential, from design thinking, to disruptive innovation, through balancing exploitation and exploration. Discover how matching your innovation strategy with the ecosystem, both internally and externally, will help prepare you for success.|
|Culture||Conducting a diagnostic assessment of your internal and external environments is crucial to the advancement or restriction of innovation. Learn strategies for building a conducive work environment to support your culture of innovation.|
Rice Business Wisdom
Rice Business Wisdom is our online ideas magazine that features faculty research.
Based on research by Professor Jing Zhou
Based on research by Professor Jing Zhou