The Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University is a forward-thinking business school for the next generation of global leaders.
Named in honor of the late Jesse H. Jones, a prominent Houston business and civic leader, Rice Business is consistently ranked among the nation's top business schools.
All courses are taught by a dedicated, nationally-recognized team of professors who integrate insights from their own rigorous, peer-reviewed research and help students understand these topics in the context of today’s ever-changing business landscape. Learn more about the scholarship of our academics from our online ideas magazine, Rice Business Wisdom, devoted exclusively to the practical, useful summaries of peer-reviewed research.
As a student, becoming a part of the business school at Rice University means they will live, study and play on a spectacular tree-lined campus nestled in the heart of Houston. Degree programs include the full-time MBA, online MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA, coordinated MBAs in engineering or professional science, a dual MD/MBA with Baylor College of Medicine, Ph.D., MAcc and undergraduate business minor. Rice Business also offers a full schedule of executive education open enrollment and customized courses for business and industry along with certificates in general management known as our Rice Advanced Management Program, leadership, finance and accounting, and health care.
Each program works with the same top-notch faculty, in the same business school building, on the same campus. Learn more about our degree and non-degree programs.
Rice Business Recognition
Top graduate entrepreneurship ranking for more than ten years
Nationally and globally, the Rice Business' MBA program continues to be recognized for excellence by major media and has risen consistently over the last decade, putting us in the company of the nation’s most distinguished business schools. Rankings are based on various criteria including peer, student and recruiter assessment as well as school metrics — admission selectivity, placement success, intellectual capital and more.
Top-ranked business school with its online MBA program earning high marks in its first year
- # 1 Graduate Entrepreneurship - Princeton Review and Entrepreneur Magazine, 2020 & 2021 (over 10 years in Top 10)
- # 1 Full-Time MBA Program with The Most Minority Students in Top 25, Poets & Quants, 2020
- # 2 Highest Gains in Women MBAs Over Past 5 years, - Poets & Quants, 2020
- # 3 Best MBA for Real Estate - Poets & Quants, 2020
- # 5 Best MBA for Finance - Princeton Review, 2021
- # 5 Most Competitive Students - Princeton Review, 2020 & 2021
- # 5 Best MBA for Human Resources - Princeton Review, 2020
- # 6 Top Online MBA Program- Princeton Review, 2021
- # 6 Best MBA for Consulting- Princeton Review, 2021
- # 10 Best Classroom Experience - Princeton Review, 2021
- # 13 Best Part-Time MBA Program - U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- # 25 U.S. MBA Program - Poets & Quants, 2019-2020
- # 25 Best MBA Program - U.S. News & World Report, 2020
|P.O. Box 2932-MS 531
Houston, Texas 77252-2932
|6100 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77005-1892