Transform from Established Manager into Impactful Leader
To support your continued investment in professional development, we are offering a 25% tuition discount on The Leadership Accelerator in November 2021. Tuition listed reflects the program discount.
Fall 2021 Dates
November 8-11, 2021 | Discounted Tuition: $4,875
Join our interactive, four-day program where you’ll learn strategies to create and lead a more cohesive, high-performing team. Using case studies, exercises, simulations, and extensive discussion, you’ll examine the building blocks of leadership – leading oneself, leading others, leading teams, and leading the enterprise – and become well-positioned to navigate any challenges that lie ahead.
My work as a Human Resources Talent Management professional requires me not only to lead and manage change, but to also equip others to do the same. All of the course topics were timely and relevant to my current work.
Natasha N. Philpot, Chevron Phillips
The Leadership Accelerator
Who Should Attend
Mid-level managers and executives wishing to expand their knowledge of best practices in leadership
- Develop a better understanding of one’s own leadership style
- Understand your leadership context
- Develop tools to adapt your leadership style as the context warrants
- Coach team members to realize their potential and avoid derailment
- Foster a sense of shared purpose and mutual accountability among team members
- Explore and implement effective communication practices
- Motivate team members to exceed expectations and understand how their contributions affect the enterprise
- Improve process and collective behavior to enhance team outcomes
- Enhance both individual and team critical reasoning and decision-making
- Lead change through accurate organizational diagnosis, stakeholder analysis, influence and adaptation
Program Building Blocks
Leading Oneself: The foundation of good leadership is self-awareness of our strengths and weaknesses as managers and an understanding of our own developmental mindset. Becoming an effective leader is a lifelong process requiring good learning habits. This building block is intended to develop a leader’s ability to focus their development on critical needs and build a framework for learning throughout their career.
Leading Others: The primary responsibility of a leader is to get the best from his/her employees. Yet, leaders often underestimate the effect they have on employee motivation, commitment, and engagement. This building block focuses on developing habits to enhance employee performance.
Leading Teams: Leaders must align the interests of a diverse set of employees around a common goal. When employees work in teams, problems of collaboration and conflict frequently arise. This building block is dedicated to developing habits of team leadership focused on setting a common, compelling direction for the team and addressing problems of team commitment through effective team coaching.
Leading the Enterprise: This final building block is intended to teach leaders the basic principles of organizational alignment to improve the effectiveness of their function, business unit or organization by comprehensively diagnosing culture, process, and people.
Rice Business Wisdom
Rice Business Wisdom is our online ideas magazine that features faculty research.
Based on research by Professor D. Brent Smith
Based on research by Professor Prashant Kale