The Jones Graduate School of Business offers a three-year coordinated degree option with the MBA and Professional Science Master's program at Rice's Wiess School of Natural Sciences, which offers PSM degrees in Bioscience and Health Policy, Environmental Analysis, Subsurface Geoscience, and Space Studies. Students complete courses in one of the four degrees along with management coursework for their MBA.
- All application requirements for the science department
- Completed online application
- Full-Time MBA application requirements
- Student must be admitted by both the Full-Time MBA Program and the Professional Science Masters Program.
- Applicants must submit either a current GMAT or GRE score (PSM only accepts GRE).
- 75 hours of coursework including 30 in a science discipline and 45 credits of management coursework.
- Satisfy all MBA core curriculum requirements.
- Satisfy all PSM-specific track requirements.
- Course schedules will be planned in consultation with the PSM-Program Director and with the JGSB-Registar.
- Summer internships are required.
- All requirements can be fulfilled within three years.
The program will include the option for one or two internships (each three months long) after the first and/or second year, and the Action Learning Project during the second academic year. Students can also elect to do a six-month internship after the second year.
Program Cost & Scholarship
The MBA/PSM Program is billed a combination of MBA and PSM tuition and fees as follows:
- Year 1: PSM tuition and fees
- Year 2: MBA tuition and fees
- Year 3/Final Semester: MBA tuition and fees
Merit-based scholarships are determined on the strength of the entire application package, including your GMAT/GRE score, undergraduate transcripts, work history and leadership experiences.
All applicants to the Full-Time MBA program (both international and domestic) are considered for merit-based Admissions Scholarships, which can range from 10-100% of tuition. There is no separate application process for scholarship consideration. Once your application is submitted, it is reviewed and considered for scholarship based on all required criteria within your application.
If you are admitted to the Rice MBA Full-Time program, any scholarship award will be announced in your admission packet. Your admissions letter will indicate the amount offered per academic year. Please note that MBA merit scholarship applies only to the year you are billed MBA tuition and fees (Year 2 of the program).
Financing Your Degree
Information on funding resources may be found in the Full-Time MBA section of the site.