Skip to main content
Capstone Timeline (Spring Example)
Mid-Summer to End of September
- Organization proposal and selection process.
- Complete the Community Organization application and submit by October.
- Capstone Professors are available for consultation while the project proposal is being developed.
- All organizations will be notified of the selection decision by the end of October at the latest.
Early October to End of November
- A Capstone professor will be assigned to your organization to collect background documents for student teams.
- Provide professors with the required internal data (financials and budgets, your community served, organizational structure, competitive landscape, alliances, etc.)
January to Late April
- Working with student teams on information gathering and providing perspectives on evolving recommendation drafts.
- Project liaison works with students and professors including providing additional data, facilitating interviews for students, answering follow-on questions, etc.
- Touch base regularly with Capstone professors to discuss progress and resolve potential issues, if necessary.
Late April and Early May
- Organization leadership team and Board members receive students’ final presentations.
- Student team deliverables are sent to the organizations for their review and follow-up with student teams, as desired.