Corporate membership connects you and your organization to Rice Business in a deeper way. Create a meaningful bond today that gives you access tomorrow — to business leaders, faculty and MBA talent.
Events are free with membership and include networking receptions and the opportunity to invite 10 additional guests. Show your employees and your stakeholders that you care about keeping up with relevant business trends and topics.
Ready to Join?
Contact Jody Sommer, Senior Director for External Relations at 713-348-3857 or Jody.A.Sommer@rice.edu.
- Thought Leadership Series — Gain different perspectives on current business issues from prominent industry leaders coupled with key Rice Business faculty. These evening events include a networking cocktail reception.
- Members Special Events — Opportunities for Rice Business Partners corporate members to interact with other business leaders at select Rice Business events:
- Welcome Reception — Kick off the academic year and welcome the newest Rice Business Partners members.
- Roundtable Series — Join intimate lunchtime and evening discussions on timely topics with Rice Business faculty.
- Year-End Corporate Reception — Attend a year-end reception to hear highlights of the school's accomplishments and network with Houston’s premier business leaders.
- Access to Talent — Interact with MBA students at Rice Business Partners events. Receive customized Rice Business resume books upon request.
- Open Enrollment Executive Education Courses — Take advantage of discounts on open enrollment courses.
- Rice Business Magazine — Receive the bi-annual alumni news magazine profiling Rice Business, alumni, faculty research, student achievements and news.
- Business Information Center — Gain access to the Ruth and Gil Whitaker Business Information Center library resources at Rice Business.
- Recognition — Recognition of your company at each Rice Business Partners event and on the Rice Business Partners corporate members site.
- Rice Business Partners Board — Members are invited to nominate individuals to the Rice Business Partners Board.
- Membership — Corporate membership is $2,500 and is renewed on an annual basis. Corporate members are allowed ten guests per event, space permitting.
- Tax Deduction — A portion of your corporate membership is a tax-deductible contribution. Please note that $1,000 of an annual Rice Business Partners corporate membership is not tax-deductible, due to IRS-defined fair market value of benefits provided to Rice Business Partners corporate members. Your corporate membership supports the Rice Business Partners educational and scholarship programs at the business school.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to deliver quality and value to our clients through consistent, practical and innovative legal solutions across our core practice groups of corporate, employment, finance and projects, intellectual property and technology, litigation and regulatory, real estate, restructuring, and tax.
Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies. They include more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 or their subsidiaries.
As one of the largest providers of pro bono legal services in the world, DLA Piper is continually lauded for our efforts to give back to our communities, both domestically and globally. DLA Piper’s unique nonprofit, New Perimeter, provides long-term pro bono legal assistance in under-served regions of the world to support access to justice, social and economic development and sound legal institutions. Our work on the sustainability agenda resulted in DLA Piper becoming one of the first in the legal sector to achieve global accreditation to ISO:14001, the internationally recognized environmental management system that enables us to accurately measure and manage our carbon reduction strategies.