The worldâ€™s financial markets are demanding greater corporate transparency and higher quality financial reporting. As a result, there is a need for highly educatedÂ accounting professionals with critical thinking skills and integrity. Come be a part of it!
Why is now an exciting time for professional accountants?
- Globalization of capital markets
- Worldwide movement towards one accounting language
- Shift from rules-based to judgment-based accounting standards
- Technology-driven corporate reporting
- Emergence of non-financial and environmental stewardship reporting
The business school is excited to announce the return of the Master of Accounting (MAcc) degree, beginning in the fall of 2016.
Why the Rice MAcc?
- World-class accounting faculty
- Curriculum designed for students with non-business undergraduate academic backgrounds
- Just one year to launch a career
- Segue into global professional services firms
- Accomplished and supportive alumni network
- Scholarships to attract diverse, bright talent
What is the program structure for the MAcc?
- Just 10 months of coursework â€“ August through May
- Plus, for students who need to catch up on prerequisite courses, a pre-term summer session.
- Challenging coursework developed by world-class faculty
- Learn from the same faculty that teach in the business schoolâ€™s top-ranked MBA programs
- Gain not only the technical knowledge needed to pass the CPA exam, but also an interdisciplinary understanding of how business and accounting interact
- Experiential learning
- Spend a week in Washington, DC and Norwalk, CT experiencing first-hand how public policy and accounting mix. Meet with reps from institutions such as the Executive Branch and Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).