If youâ€™re seeking depth and willing to step out of the workforce for two years to immerse yourself into everything the program has to offer, the Full-Time MBA is the perfect choice. It's a cohort-based program with a summer internship in between the first and second years so you can explore any career option.
A well-qualified candidate for the full-time program is someone who wants a career change, exhibits high leadership potential and wants to contribute to an experiential, competitive learning environment.
- 22-month program with day classes.
- Your first year builds a solid foundation of fundamental business principles in small approachable classes.
- Electives in your second-year allow customization.
- Specialized concentrations give you functional expertise in a particular area of interest.
- The Action Learning Project lets you put your education to work at the end of your first year.
- A summer internship between the first and second years allows you to explore any career option.
- Other options? Check out our dual and coordinated degree programs with Rice: MBA/ME (Engineering) and MBA/PSM (Science); and our dual degree: MD/MBA (Medical) with Baylor College of Medicine.
All Rice MBA courses are taught by a dedicated, nationally-recognized team of professors who create an engaging, challenging learning environment. These faculty members maintain an important balance between teaching and research, integrating insights from their own rigorous, peer-reviewed research and helping students understand these topics in the context of todayâ€™s ever-changing business landscape. Members of our faculty implicitly nurture skills and traits that are critical to success for tomorrowâ€™s leaders. In every course, students have an opportunity to work one-on-one with an accessible, involved and energetic member of the faculty, who believes that academic research and current industry knowledge are as critical as textbooks to a studentâ€™s education.
The business schoolâ€™s Career Management Center (CMC) partners with students and alumni to meet their professional development goals. Over the years, the CMC has developed relationships across the spectrum of Fortune 500 organizations and professional service firms.Top recruiters for the class of 2015 are EY, Deloitte, ExxonMobil, Goldman Sachs and HP.
The CMC delivers professional development content (even before classes start) in order to prepare for summer internships and career-related topics such as resume writing, business correspondence, research and networking. Throughout the two-year program, students are encouraged to attend recruiting and career-related events to learn about companies that recruit on campus and build a network of industry professionals. Many alumni return to campus for these events which also serve as another avenue to make connections. The CMC also provides Career Education Days, group workshops and personalized advising to help students develop a career strategy and job search skills for the professional MBA job market.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
A total of 82 percent of full-time students in the class of 2017 received a merit-based or named scholarship. Make sure to find out more from the office of recruiting and admissions. A dedicated associate director of financial aid in the office of recruiting and admissions assists students with any questions about financing the Rice MBA.
Profile of Class of 2018
- Number of Incoming Students:Â 110
- Average GMAT:Â 690
- Median GMAT: 700
- Average GPA: 3.30
- Average Years of Work Experience: 5.0
- % Women:Â 27%
- % Foreign Nationals: 30%
- Countries Represented: 13
- % U.S. Underrepresented Minorities: 9.1%