Professional MBA - Evening, Class of 2020
Home State: TX
Home Country: Nigeria
Previous Institution & Degree: Federal University of Technology Owerri B.Tech, Geophysics
Pre-MBA Industry: Oil and Gas
Pre-MBA Company: Chevron
Pre-MBA Title: Geophysicist
Desired Post-MBA Industry: Investment Banking (Energy)
Desired Post-MBA Function: Mergers and Acquisition Advisory. Capital Markets Advisory and Execution.
Student Organization Membership:
- Black Business Student Association
- Consulting Association
- Energy Association (Officer)
- Finance Association
- Jones Gives Back
What about the Rice MBA program has surprised you the most?
- Access to the CDO and the level of support extended to all MBA students over the recruiting process exceeded my expectations.
- A plethora of informal learning opportunities, like board fellows and access to events at the Lille entrepreneurship center.
- I was most impressed by the level and number of companies that recruit at Rice. Rice is the top choice.
- The support of the Rice alums surprised me. They made themselves available at all networking events and sessions to share their experiences.
- Honestly, I was not aware of how prestigious Rice University is. I am proud to be here.
What has been your favorite moment of your Rice MBA experience so far?
So many, but by far my favorite moment was when I got the call from the Bank of America offering me a summer associate spot in the natural resources investment banking group.
What is your favorite thing about and/or favorite spot in Houston?
I love Houston. It's a great and diverse city. As a growing city, it offers many career opportunities and is also an affordable city to live in. The rodeo and diverse dining options stand out as my favorites.
In a sentence, what is the one piece of advice you have for prospective students?
If you get this opportunity and accept it, it will be the most rewarding and satisfactory experience.