Promote entrepreneurship and strategy and operations in the beverage industry, while establishing student unity and enjoying beer.
- Network with local entrepreneurs and regional distributors
- Free access to on-campus events
- Discounted access to off-campus events
- Potential schwag
Rice Business Gives Back
Rice Business Gives Back is a student service learning program that allows students, faculty and staff to give back to the local Houston community. Leadership is comprised of student leaders from the Jones Student Association and the Jones Student Association for Professionals. Each student leader leads a different project. After completing service projects, all groups congregate for food and drinks to celebrate their morning of service.
- Houston Food Bank
- Books Between Kids
- SIRE - Horsemanship for Autism
- Houston Food Bank
- Project C.U.R.E.
Junior Achievement Initiatives
- In November 2019, Rice Business Gives Back hosted the first ever EnTEENPreneurship Pitch Competition. This competition/conference hosted 26 high school teams and nearly 270 guests from all over Houston.
- Student Volunteer Coaches -- 26 students have volunteered to be pitch coaches for local Houston high schools. The hope is that one of these teams will compete for a national title. A Houston team has yet to go to nationals.
Jones Public Policy Roundtable
The mission of the Jones Public Policy Roundtable at the Jones Graduate School of Business is to provide a forum for students to explore the relationship between business, government and policy both domestically and internationally. The club works to cultivate thoughtful civic and business leaders who recognize a mutual responsibility for the societal effects of business and policy decisions on the community.
Activities and Events
- Full access to the James A. Baker Institute for Public Policy Young Professionals Roundtable events
- Members-Only events with Baker Institute Leadership and Fellows as well as external speakers
- Monthly Newsletter/Announcements of local events on campus and in the Houston area
- Partnerships on events and conferences with other clubs at Rice Business and the Baker Institute
- Social events focused around major policy events (i.e. State of the Union addresses, presidential debates, mid-term election cycles, etc.)
Further Information on Baker Institute Young Professionals Roundtable here.
The purpose of this organization shall be:
- to educate the graduate community on the various types of wines and regions
- to engage the Rice, alumni, and Houston communities through wine club events
- to provide opportunities for socializing and having fun with graduate students
- to instill confidence in wine knowledge for members to use in professional settings
- to contribute to the graduate club offerings for current and prospective students
Jones Christian Fellowship
Here’s a little on who we are. We love God, and we love people! We believe that it is by the grace of God, the sacrifice, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and our belief in Him, that we are saved. We believe in living purposeful, exemplary lives in our communities, workplaces and wherever we go. We also believe that, as is showcased in Romans 3:23-26 (the “NLT” version is a worthy look up!), we’re not perfect, but in our ever growing relationship with God, wake up each day and work on living the great lives we're made to live!
This is a club that aims to support each other, as well as our Rice and wider community.