The world’s premier university-based entrepreneurship institutes and leaders were celebrated at the 25th annual Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) Conference on Oct. 13-16. The Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship is the administrative home for the GCEC.
Rice Business announced that their Class of 2021 Full-Time MBA graduates have exceeded expectations, recording some of the highest employment numbers in the school’s history.
“We reported our highest base salary ever,” said Philip Heavilin, executive director of the Career Development Office. “And 100% of our job seeking international students accepted a job offer within three months of graduation.”
While the school increased the full-time Class of 2022 from 120 to 180 students, Heavilin shared the news “that 100% of the class has secured internships for the third year in a row. The Rice MBA continues to deliver results to our students and graduates.”
- Highest offer rate
- 97% offers by 3 months post-graduation (90% in 2020)
- 92% acceptances by 3 months post-graduation (89% in 2020)
- Highest recorded salary in school history
- Average base salary of $131,384 ($123,786 in 2020)
- Median base salary of $135,000 ($125,000 in 2020)
- Highest acceptance rate for international students in school history
- 100% of seeking international students accepted within 3 months post-graduation (88% in 2020)
- 78% of accepted job offers from the Rice Business community (74% in 2020)
- 100% of the full-time Class of 2022 secured internships for the third year in a row (even though we increased the class to 180 students from 120)
- Technology was the #1 industry for internships for the first time
- Top employers include: Amazon, BCG, HP, McKinsey & Company, Accenture, Citigroup, Dell, EDP Renewables, EY, JP Morgan Chase and Morgan Stanley.
- Top 4 Industries:
- Consulting 32.1% (24.5% in 2020)
- Financial Services 21.8% (22.3% in 2020)
- Petroleum/Energy 16.7% (12.8% in 2020)
- Technology 14.1% (20.2% in 2020)
- Top 4 Functions:
- Consulting 34.6% (24.5% in 2020)
- Finance/Accounting 33.3% (32.3% in 2020)
- General Management 7.7% (11.8% in 2020)
- Marketing/Sales and Operations/Logistics 6.4% each (16.1% and 3.2% respectively in 2020)
The numbers speak to the school’s growing impact on Houston and the local economy. The Rice Business Career Center will release its comprehensive Full-Time MBA Class of 2021 Employment Report and Class of 2022 Internships Report this fall.