Learn about the following Diversity Associations below:
- Asian Business Student Association
- Black Business Student Association
- Latino MBA Business Student Association
- Out & Allied
- Rice Business Women's Organization
- Men as Allies
- Rice Business Indo-American Association
- Veterans in Business Association
Asian Business Student Association
The Asian Business Student Association (ABSA) aims to unite Rice Business students from Asian descent, or interested in Asian culture and business perspectives, under a common organization. ABSA strives to promote social integration among all cultures within the Rice Business community and empower Asians to succeed in the modern business world. Members will have opportunities to showcase their leadership, entrepreneurship and managerial expertise to benefit Rice Business as a whole. In Addition, ABSA provides the Rice Business community with a channel to share knowledge about Asia, explore career opportunities in Asia, and support long-term relationships among members and Asian business leaders.
To these ends, the association offers members numerous opportunities for involvement and benefits which include but not limited to:
- Lunch & Learns and Happy Hours with Second-Year Members
- India and China Global Field Experience educational panels
- Educational lunches about different Asian cuisines
- "Transition to Houston" workshop
- Trips to cultural festivals
- Asian Global Field Experience (with school credit)
- Partnerships with other student organizations
- Club swag
Through these activities, ABSA establishes learning and networking opportunities within the Asian community in Houston and beyond.
- One-Year Membership: $59
- Two-Year Membership: $89
Black Business Student Association
The Black Business Student Association (BBSA) at Rice Business is an organization that is dedicated to enabling and empowering diverse and minority business students. Through networking, lectures and workshops, the Rice Business BBSA provides opportunities for students to learn from and with each other, connect with alumni and other community business leaders, and gain the skills and knowledge to succeed in today's dynamic business environment.
The BBSA works collaboratively with other campus and community organizations to align and strengthen our organizational objectives to:
To encourage professional development and networking, BBSA members are eligible for a discounted student membership to the National Black MBA Association.
All members must pay the annual dues on or before November 1 of each year. Membership options:
- 1-Year Membership: $75.00
- 2-Year Membership: $120.00
- NBMBAA 1-Year Membership: $50.00
- NBMBAA 2-Year Membership: $75.00
Hispanic Business Student Association
The Hispanic Business Student Association (HBSA) at Rice Business connects current business leaders with the Hispanic leaders of the future. We promote the academic and professional development of Hispanic MBAs of Rice Business by serving as a platform that facilitates networking opportunities for future employment, promotes diversity and sources Hispanic talent for the business community.
Out & Allied
Out & Allied is committed to increasing awareness, understanding and support of the LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) community. We are a group of openly LGBTQ and Ally members proud to represent and support gender and sexually diverse people. We fulfill our goals by sponsoring various events and programs in areas such as education, networking, community and civic involvement.
Out & Allied welcomes all students, faculty and staff of Rice Business.
Our purpose is to:
- foster awareness, understanding, and support of the LGBTQ community throughout Rice Business, Rice University and the overall Houston community
- aid in our members' success at Rice and beyond
We accomplish these goals in a number of ways including:
- host events with businesses, alumni and business leaders to increase professional touchpoints for Rice Business and other Rice University students
- build relationships with LGBTQ focused organizations across the Rice campus and in the Houston community
- welcome each new class of LBGTQ students at Rice Business
Rice Business Women's Organization
The Rice Business Women's Organization is dedicated to empowering graduate women in business in order to propel more women into leadership positions in the corporate world and to enhance diversity in the workplace.
Rice Business Women achieves this goal through:
- Organizing networking events with alumni, professional women and local National Association of Women MBA (NAWMBA) chapter members
- Planning the annual Women in Leadership Conference at Rice Business
- Providing support through mentoring opportunities
- Hosting events and workshops that empower our members
- Raising awareness through community outreach
What's in it for you?
- Internal Support System: building a network within your class and school
- External Support System: Access to female professional network within Houston
- Women empowerment through the Women in Leadership Conference: opportunity to meet and hear from women leaders
Thank you for your interest in and support of our organization! We invite you to e-mail us at RiceBusinessWomensOrg@rice.edu if you would like to stay connected and get more involved with Rice Business Women.
Men as Allies
The mission of Rice Business Men as Allies Organization is to actively engage, educate and empower male students at Rice Business in a productive, ongoing conversation about gender issues.
- Open and candid dialogue on gender issues in the workplace
- Develop a more well rounded leadership approach
- Be a part of the movement at Rice
- Men as Allies and Rice Business Women Tailgate
- Tailored leadership development
- Access to all Rice Business Women's Organization events
Rice Business Indo-American Association
To become a resourceful and trustworthy partner to Houston’s Indo-American business community, to assist Rice Business in enhancing its brand recognition among the Indo-American business community locally and globally, and to connect Rice MBA students to the entrepreneurial and leadership journeys of successful Indo-Americans.
To build and foster relationships with Houston’s Indo –American business community by creating a platform at Rice Business to:
- Be the champion for the Indo-American Business Community at Rice
- Bring in the Indo-American business community members to share their successful journeys with and inspire Rice Business students
- Connect the Indo-American business community with the intellectual capital of Rice Business through faculty interactions
- Facilitate information on doing business with India and Indian companies
- Provide mentorship and networking opportunities to the MBA students
- Assist Rice Business in enhancing its brand recognition among the Indo-American business community locally and globally
Rice Business Veterans Association
Connect on LinkedIn to reach out to members and Rice Business Veterans alumni directly. For general information regarding veterans at the Rice University's Jones Graduate School of Business, please visit business.rice.edu/military.
The mission of the Rice Business Veterans is two-fold. First, we will provide assistance to veterans transitioning from military service to student life at Rice University. Second, we will uphold our commitment to service by partnering with other student organizations, Rice alumni, and the Houston business community to participate and sponsor in philanthropic events that benefit charitable veteran and military organizations.
- Provide transition support, leadership guidance, resume advice and networking opportunities to all veterans attending Rice University.
- Raise money for charitable veteran and military service organizations.
- Provide an opportunity for all Rice students to network with veterans in business and to participate in fund raising efforts that support charitable veteran organizations.
- Build a strong academic, professional and personal support network among Rice alumni and the veteran community at Rice University.