Few schools in the nation have the caliber of faculty in the accounting area as the business school at Rice University. The accounting faculty will focus their research talent and reputational momentum on a Master of Accounting program designed for the next generation of ethical, competent leaders in the global accounting profession. That means you.
The Rice MAccâ€™s areas of study will include:
- financial, managerial and tax accounting
- auditing and financial assurance
- information systems and data analytics
- business ethics and communication
- business law, and public policy and business
What is the program structure for the MAcc?
- Just 10 months of coursework â€“ August through May
- Plus, for students who need to catch up on prerequisite courses, a pre-term summer session.
- Challenging coursework developed by world-class faculty
- Learn from the same faculty that teach in the Jones Graduate School of Businessâ€™ top-ranked MBA programs
- Gain not only the technical knowledge needed to pass the CPA exam, but also an interdisciplinary understanding of how business and accounting interact
- Experiential learning
- Spend a week in Washington, DC and Norwalk, CT experiencing first-hand how public policy and accounting mix. Meet with reps from institutions such as the Executive Branch and Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).