The Gilbert & Ruth Whitaker Business Information Center (BIC) is located on the second floor of McNair Hall. It includes a large reading room, an online resource room, and an additional study space containing reference materials and journals. The BIC is named in honor of Jones School's fourth dean, Gilbert R. Whitaker and his wife, Ruth. The Whitakers were instrumental in the planning and development of this space.
Although features from several architectural styles are used, the design of the library was heavily influenced by the late nineteenth-century arts and crafts movement. Elements of this movement are evident in many of the furnishings, particularly the enormous glass and metal light fixtures illuminating the reading room.
eMarkerter Trial¬†¬†¬†¬† September 7 ‚Äď 21, 2016.
Provides reports and analysis on various aspects of the digital economy.
Journals:¬†Rice libraries provide access to a large number and variety of online fulltext¬†journals. The scope of the collection is broad with excellent coverage in art, business, economics, engineering, literature, music, natural sciences and social sciences.
- Business Insights: Essentials
- IBIS World
- Mergent Horizon
- Mergent Online
- Plunkett Research Center
- Reference USA
- Investext(ThomsonOne)¬†- Requires Internet Explorer
- MorningStar Research Investment Center
- Advertising RedBooks.com
- BCC Research
- Euromonitor Passport Reference
- Freedonia Focus Reports
- Global Business Intelligence
- Best Databases For Searching Journals
- Best Places for Company Information
- Best Place to Find Financials
- Best Places For Management Info
- Best Places for Marketing Information
- Business (General)
- Census Data
- Energy Resources @ Rice
- Factiva Advanced Searching Guide
- Global Health¬†
- Government Information
- Industry Information
- Job Search
- NAICS and SIC Codes
- Nonprofit Resources
- Private Company Information
- Public Company Information
- Ratio Analysis
- Statistics/Data (Government Sources) Introduction
- Other Library Guides @ Rice