Application Deadline: Application Deadline: The Ph.D. Program is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2017 admissions in the Finance, Accounting and Strategic Management areas. Candidates will be notified of admission decisions via email no later than April 15, 2017.Â
Online Application: Using the onlineÂ application, you will create a user account for the creation and submission of your application, and from which you may check the status of your submitted application and receipt of your supplemental documentation.
Application Requirements:Â To be considered for admission, the following documents must be received no later than the posted application deadline:Â
- Completed online Jones Graduate School Ph.D. application including a Personal Statement Essay and CV/RĂ©sumĂ©.
- Three confidential evaluations. Evaluations may be submitted using the online application recommendation feature, or mailed separately in an envelope sealed and signed across the seal by the evaluator.
- Official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Transcripts must be received in envelopes sealed and signed across the seal by the issuing institution registrar. Uncertified photocopies are not acceptable. To be considered, all documents not in English must be accompanied by official English translations. These translations must bear an original ink signature and seal, and translations alone will not be acceptable.
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score report, or GRE score report. (Test taker copy not acceptable.)
- To send your official GMAT score report, log on toÂ http://www.mba.com/mba/, click â€śThe GMATâ€ť then â€śGMAT Scores and Score Reportsâ€ť. The â€śRice University Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business â€“ PhD Programâ€ť code is 3WS-WD-54.
- To send your official GRE score report, log on toÂ http://www.ets.org, under â€śTestsâ€ť click â€śGREâ€ť. Under â€śTest Takersâ€ť click â€śOrder Additional Score Reportsâ€ť. The â€śRice U Mgmt PhD Programâ€ť code is 6618.
If you did not earn your undergraduate degree in the U.S., English-speaking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom, an official score report of your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) taken within 2 years of your application date is required (test-taker copy not acceptable).Â This requirement is waived for international applicants who have received a Master's degree or a Doctorate from an institution within the U.S., English-speaking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom by the application deadline.
- To send your official TOEFL score report, log on toÂ http://www.ets.org, under â€śTestsâ€ť click â€śTOEFLâ€ť and then â€śTest Scores.â€ť The â€śRice University-Management PhD Programâ€ť code isÂ 6618.Â
A non-refundable application fee of $40 payable via credit card or check. Please make checks payable to Rice University. Applications will not be processed without the required application fee.
Please note that applicants may not apply for, or be considered for, more than one program at a time within the Jones Graduate School.
Minimum GMAT/GRE Score Requirements: While our program is highly competitive, we do not have a minimum GMAT/GRE score requirement.
Supplemental Application Materials:Â While most of your application materials will be submitted electronically via our online application, materials that must be mailed should be addressed to:
PhD Admissions / MS 531Â
Jones Graduate School of BusinessÂ
6100 Main StreetÂ
Houston, TX 77005Â