The sky is the limit for your professional growth.
What are my immediate job prospects?
- Audit and assurance
- Financial advisory services
- Transaction services
- Investment banking
- Business financial analyst
- Governmental agencies
- Non-profit organizations
Q: Where will MAcc graduates find jobs?
A. Huge demand in Houston, Texas, across the U.S., and globally
Â Q: How many of the â€śBig 4â€ť public accounting firms were listed in Fortune Magazineâ€™s 2014 100 Best Companies to Work For?
A: All of them! Deloitte: #61, EY: #78, KPMG: #80, PwC #65 (plus Plante Moran: #23)
Q: How many public accounting firms were rated in the top 5 in Businessweekâ€™s 2009 Best Places to Launch a Career survey?
A: All of them! The Big 4 public accounting firms take the top 4 spots
Many MAcc graduates will start their career with a large public accounting firm and eventually become a partner of that firm. Other graduates will launch their career in public accounting and then, equipped with the large public accounting firm â€śbrandâ€ť on their rĂ©sumĂ©, great experience, and a CPA license, transition to an industry job in an area of their professional passion.
Pay Progression within Large Public Accounting Firms
Titles of our alumni
Audit Partner, Managing Partner, CFO, Chairman and CEO, COO, Corporate Controller, Treasurer, Managing Director, Executive VP, Head of Strategy and Planning, Investment Banker, Principal, Head of Financial Institutions M&A, Professor
Sampling of alumni
- Jim Turley, Retired Global Chairman and CEO, Ernst & Young
- Eric Warmstein, Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase
- John Fogarty, Lead Audit Consultation Partner, Deloitte
- Gregory Hinkle, Vice President and Funds Treasurer, T. Rowe Price
- Tracy A. McLauchlin, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer of Integrated Electrical Services
- Eileen Sudela, Tax Director, Alcatel-Lucent
- Amy Downey, Executive Director, General Microsystems, Inc.