2013-2014 Capstone Program Timeline
Mid-Summer to End of September
Organization proposal and selection process
- Complete the Community Organization application and submit by August 30, 2013
- Capstone Professors are available for consultation while you are developing your project proposal.
- All organizations will be notified of the selection decision by the end of September at the latest.
Early September to End of November
Creation of an 8-12 page “case” document on your organization and business challenge
- A Capstone professor will be assigned to your organization to draft the case with your input
- Provide professors with the required internal data (financials and budgets, your community served, organizational structure, competitive landscape, alliances, etc.) to be included in the case write-up
- Plan to review the case drafts with the professors during this phase
Attend Community Organization Day
- Key organization leader(s) and/Board members attend – 2 hour session for Community Organization Day.
- Session designed for organization representative(s) to answer questions about your organization for the students.
January to Late April
- Working with student teams on information gathering and providing perspectives on evolving recommendation drafts.
- Project liaison works with students and professors including providing additional data, facilitating interviews for students, answering follow-on questions, etc.
- Touch base regularly with Capstone professors to discuss progress and resolve potential issues, if necessary.
Late April and Early May
- Organization leadership team and Board members receive students’ final presentations.
- Student team deliverables are sent to the organizations for their review and follow-up with student teams, as desired.