The 18-member Jones Graduate School Alumni Association (JGSAA) Board is charged with leading engagement between the business school and its alumni. The alumni board acts as an advisor to the dean and the administration and serves as a voice for the alumni community. It also acts to continually examine and enhance programs and services, advise the dean on matters of interest to alumni, as well as drive engagement opportunities available to alumni. Engagement includes life-long learning, networking, volunteering and giving activities.
To facilitate its mission, the JGSAA maintains three standing committees as well as a nominations committee and an executive committee.
- Alumni Committee â€“ focused on engagement activities between alumni (whether between individual alumni or between the business school and its alumni)
- Student Committee â€“ focused on engagement activities between current students and alumni
- Faculty Committee â€“ focused on engagement activities between current business school faculty members and alumni
- Nominations Committee â€“ responsible for the board nominations process
- Executive Committee â€“ consists of the past-president, the president, and president- elect and, working with the alumni relations office is responsible for the overall administration of the alumni association activities
Are you interested in serving on the JGSAA Board? There are two simple ways: someone can nominate you or you can self-nominate. The deadline to apply for 2017-2018 board service will be February 2017. Applications will open September 2016.
Contact: Alaina Schuster, Associate Director, Alumni Relations and Development, at 713-348-3710 for additional information.