How can you be the go-to person from your class/program? Class Ambassador, that's how. Contact Alaina Schuster, Associate Director, Alumni Relations and Development, at 713-348-3710 for more information.
- Serve as a goodwill ambassador for the business school and a central point of communication to your programâ€™s class year.
- Act as an extension of the alumni board under the direction of the Alumni-Alumni Committee.
- Attend an annual Class Ambassador meeting scheduled by the Office of External Relations (OER).
- Communicate with classmates to:
- Ensure contact information in the schoolâ€™s alumni database remains current.
- Collect notable news from classmates on behalf of the OER.
- Endorse email communications to your class about key school programs, initiatives and information related to the Jones Fund philanthropic efforts for your class.
- Serve as a recurring member of the Reunion Committee
- Actively raise awareness/excitement about reunion and invite your classmates to participate.
- Attend reunion committee planning meetings as scheduled by the OER. Meetings will typically be held in late October, January and March.
- Endorse email and social media communication to your class about reunion (messaging provided by the OER).
- Encourage your classmates to make a gift to the business school in honor of reunion and/or your class.
- Provide input and feedback on programming.
How do I become a Class Ambassador and what are the terms of service?
- Class Ambassadors, one from each program in a graduating class, will be selected by their classmates in April/May.
- Class Ambassadors serve a three-year term, which commences on July 1 (in alignment with the alumni association boardâ€™s operating year).
- Class Ambassadors may, upon completing their third year, renew for an additional three-year term if so desired, and if such re-appointment is approved by the alumni association board.
- In the case of vacancies due to expiration of term or resignation, the committee will issue a request for self-nominations from the class year and program for which the vacancy exists. The committee will review the nominations and select the Class Ambassador.