Congratulations on your admission to Rice University and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Ph.D. Program! My name is Deanna Golden and I am the coordinator of the Ph.D. program. We will work together during your studies at Rice. If you have any questions concerning the program, the Jones School or Rice University I am the person you should contact. My phone number is 713.348.3733 and my email address is email@example.com.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Monday, August 13 &
Tuesday, August 14
||Mandatory Orientation for All International Ph.D. Students
|Wednesday, August 15
||Mandatory Rice University Orientation for All Graduate Students
|Thursday, August 16
||Mandatory Jones Graduate School Orientation for All New Ph.D. Students
Required of all new graduate students:
- Health Data Form due July 1 in Student Health Services. You will not be permitted to register for classes until Health Services has the form and is satisfied with your immunization records.
- Health Insurance coverage designation must be selected by July 1.
- All students under the age of 30 must show proof of meningococcal meningitis vaccination.
- Registration for all new graduate students in Fall 2012 will take place on Thursday, August 16, 2012 after you have been advised by your area advisor on your planned course of study. Please contact your Ph.D. faculty area advisor before this date.
- Contact Tina Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, before June 1 to coordinate your computer hardware and software needs if she hasn’t already contacted you.
- A "Math Camp" is scheduled (and required) for most incoming students in August. Please check with your area advisor about this camp.
Required of all new international graduate students:
- Forward the following documents to me via email as soon as possible:
- Copy of passport ID page
- Financial Declaration form (at link below)
- If bringing dependents, provide copies of passport ID page, US visas, immigration documents proof of extra funding and proof of relationship.
- All international students should go to the Office of International Students and Scholars website to review the necessary steps to obtain an F-1 visa.
- All international students please report to the Office of International Students and Scholars immediately on arrival and plan to attend the mandatory orientation. For more information, click here.