Congratulations on your admission to Rice University and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Ph.D. Program! My name is Melinda Pena and I am the coordinator of the Ph.D. program. We will work together during your studies at Rice. If you have any questions concerning the program, the Jones School or Rice University I am the person you should contact. My phone number is 713.348.5849 and my email address is Melinda.E.Pena@rice.edu.
Important Dates to Remember:
||Mandatory Orientation for All International Graduate Students
||Mandatory Rice University Orientation for All Graduate Students
||Mandatory Jones Graduate School Orientation for All New Ph.D. Students
Required of all new graduate students:
- Health Data Form due July 1 in Student Health Services. You will not be permitted to register for classes until Health Services has the form and is satisfied with your immunization records.
- Health Insurance coverage designation must be selected by July 1.
- All students under the age of 30 must show proof of meningococcal meningitis vaccination.
- The date for registration for all new graduate students in fall 2015 will be determined after you have been advised by your area advisor on your planned course of study.
- Contact JGSB IT department (Procurement Specialist – x5916), before June 1 to coordinate your computer hardware and software needs if you have not already been contacted by IT.
- A "Math Camp" is scheduled (and required) for most incoming students in August. Please check with your area advisor about this camp.
Required of all new international graduate students:
- Forward the following documents to me via email as soon as possible:
- Copy of passport ID page
- Financial Declaration form (at link below)
- If bringing dependents, provide copies of passport ID page, US visas, immigration documents proof of extra funding and proof of relationship.
- All international students should go to the Office of International Students and Scholars website to review the necessary steps to obtain an F-1 visa.
- All international students please report to the Office of International Students and Scholars immediately on arrival and plan to attend the mandatory orientation. For more information, click here.