Welcome Students! Congratulations on your admission to Rice University and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Ph.D. Program! If you have any questions concerning the program, the Jones School or Rice University, please contact Melinda Pena, the coordinator of the Ph.D. program (713-348-5849 Melinda.E.Pena@rice.edu).
Important Dates to Remember:
- August 15-16:¬†Mandatory Orientation for All¬†International Graduate Students
- August 17:¬†Mandatory Rice University Orientation for¬†All Graduate Students
- August 18:¬†Mandatory Jones Graduate School Orientation for¬†All New Ph.D. Students
Required of all new graduate students:
- Health Data Form¬†due July 1 in Student Health Services.¬†You will not be permitted to register for classes¬†until Health Services has the form and is satisfied with your immunization records.
- Health Insurance¬†coverage designation must be selected by July 1.
- All students under the age of 30 must show proof of¬†meningococcal meningitis vaccination.
- The date for registration for all new graduate students in fall 2016 will be determined after you have been advised by your area advisor on your planned course of study.
- Contact JGSB IT department (Procurement Specialist ‚Äď x5916), before June 1 to coordinate your computer hardware and software needs if you have not already been contacted by IT.
- A "Math Camp" is scheduled (and required) for most incoming students July 1st. Please check with your area advisor about this camp.
Required of all new international graduate students:
- Forward the following documents to me via email as soon as possible:
- Copy of passport ID page
- Financial Declaration form (at link below)
- If bringing dependents, provide copies of passport ID page, US visas, immigration documents proof of extra funding and proof of relationship.
- All international students should go to the¬†Office of International Students and Scholars website¬†to review the necessary steps to obtain an F-1 visa.
- All international students please report to the Office of International Students and Scholars immediately on arrival and plan to attend the mandatory orientation.¬†