Today’s schools are complex organizations. School leaders face many challenges: they must master finance, operations, curriculum and discipline; they need to create a vision, foster a culture of achievement, build relationships among diverse groups, and use data to make decisions. They must be creative, flexible, visionary, passionate, and persistent. They must be great educators and effective business leaders.
The various REEP programs shape the next generation of transformational school leaders by exposing them to a world-class business training from the Jones Graduate School of Business with our unique, innovative REEP curriculum focused on education leadership development. By the conclusion of the program, REEP graduates are ready to lead schools as effective CEOs.
Why REEP? Consider the benefits that you will gain by participating in one of the REEP programs.
- Immerse yourself in Rice’s captivating campus and access top tier faculty
- Gain a solid business background and explore possibilities for education reform
- Earn a Principal Certificate (applicable to the REEP MBA and REEP Business Fellowship)
- Make connections with educators from various school districts and increase your networking group
- Experience one-on-one REEP Executive Coaching sessions and learn how to manage your own career
- Build value to your resume & accelerate your career development towards senior leadership positions
- Earn generous scholarships or tuition reimbursement (applicable to Houston educators)
- Become a transformational school leader and engage in the Houston education community
Choosing the Right Program For You
Our distinctive REEP programs combine a business school education with an intensive K-12 campus based leadership development curriculum to equip educators with exceptional leadership abilities and management principles. Through a rigorous REEP curriculum covering distinct topics, educators learn the personal, interpersonal, and functional skills needed to accelerate their personal development and abilities to make a positive difference in their school environments.
Our programs are carefully designed to give the students the opportunity to engage, connect and make a difference in our community. By attracting extraordinary students and nationally-recognized faculty, we enrich the classroom environment and leverage everyone’s diverse background. By working as a team, our students challenge each other to act as catalysts for change in public schools. REEP students and alumni hold themselves to a higher standard and they are committed to transform public schools now, by changing one school at a time.
REEP is proud to showcase and acknowledge its students, faculty, staff, advisory board and partners.