REEP Summer Institute for School Leaders - Requirements/Program Cost
Prospective students must meet all of the following requirements in order to apply for the REEP Summer Institute Program:
- Must be a Houston area educator and employed by a public school district or a charter school in the Greater Houston Area to qualify for the Houston Endownment Scholarship (see below).
- Must be available to attend all REEP classes during the two weeks of the program. The summer class schedule is from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with three to four late nights due to special events and group activities.
- Must have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Must have a strong undergraduate academic record (Typically a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Must have a minimum of four years of teaching or administrative experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of success with students and proven or potential abilities as a leader
- Desire to make a difference in Houston's schools at the campus level
The REEP Summer Institute tuition is $6,000 for Houston Area Educators. Please note that the full cost of the program is $10,000 but thanks to a generous grant from the Houston Endowment, REEP is able to offer a $4,000 scholarship to Houston Area Educators. The tuition cost is $10,000 for Non-Houston Area Educators. Many REEP professional students are sponsored financially to some extent by their school districts. Check with your employer about tuition reimbursement, financial aid and education benefits programs.
Fees include: instruction, materials, meals, and parking.
Contact the REEP Office for more information: 713 348-4341 or email@example.com
Full payment must be received at least 10 business days prior to the first day of the institute. To cancel, the student must notify Rice University REEP at least 10 business days before the start of the program, and a 95% refund will be issued. If REEP does not receive notification within 10 business days, no refund will be issued.
The REEP Scholarship Program was created to allow talented educators the opportunity to obtain a well-recognized business certificate and advanced school leadership training in a world-class Graduate Business School, while exercising leadership in the education field.
As it was Jesse and Mary Jones who established the Houston Endowment in 1937 to improve life for the people of the greater Houston area, we believe that REEP is a fitting extension of the Jones’ mission, housed at the Jones Graduate School of Business.