Rice MBAs share success secrets of investment fund
March 11, 2009
— In this deteriorating economy, gains are down a staggering 30 to 40 percent across financial portfolios, and yet a student-run investment fund continues to outperform its benchmark. Want to learn what they are doing to outperform the market?On March 19, 2009, MBA student-managers from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Management’s M.A. Wright Investment Fund will share their secrets of success in today’s exceptionally tough investment environment. This event, part of the Jones Partners Breakfast Series, begins at 7 a.m. at the Jones School.
The M.A. Wright Fund gives Jones School students real experience trading real money to achieve real returns. Additionally, it provides $10,000 annually in scholarship funds.
Over the last few years, the students have received recognition and acclaim from the investment world including:
- Winners of the 2009 Portfolio Managers Competition at the Texas Investment Portfolio Symposium (TIPS) held at the Jones School on Feb. 21 2009;
- 2nd place and 3rd place in the TIPS Portfolio Managers Competition in 2008 and 2007 respectively;
- The Wright Fund members’ team won the first-ever Investment Research Challenge - Texas in 2007;
- Highest risk-adjusted return in the “blend” category - RISE (Redefining Investment Strategy Education) symposium in Dayton, Ohio in 2004 and 2005;
- National Champions in the inaugural RISE symposium in 2001.
The event is hosted by the Jones Partners, a committed group of business leaders working to open doors and build ties between the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management and the Houston business community. To register or learn more, click here.
Description MBAs of student-run M. A. Wright Investment Fund share secrets
Date/Time Thursday, March 19, 2009, 7:00 a.m. Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. Presentation
Location Anderson Family Commons, Janice and Robert McNair Hall, Jones School, Rice University
Julia Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 713.348.5387