Women's Energy Network
Women's Energy Network is over 1000 women strong. Founded in 1994, the Women's Energy Network of Houston (WEN) is a 501 (c) (6) non-profit group that brings together professional women of achievement in the energy industry and fosters their advancement by creating a network of energy contacts.
Women’s Energy Network (WEN)- Rice Chapter is a Rice University Club open to all undergrad and graduate students, both women and men interested in a career in the energy industry.
Our mission is to attract more female students regardless of their major into the industry through outreach programs. We will retain and develop women in energy by fostering relationships, developing leadership competencies and industry insight through strategic partnerships with professional individuals, companies, educational institutions, and other organizations.
Benefits for members:
- Attending Discussion Panels, Speaker Series, Career Workshops and company visits
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals
- Mentorship Programs
- Learning about a variety of disciplines and career opportunities in the industry
- Free access to WEN’s professional development webinars
- Opportunities to attend the WEN luncheons and hear energy executives speak
- Enhance personal and professional growth opportunities
Undergrad Major/Year: Computer Science - Software Engineer/2003
Work Experience: Joint Venture Investment Consultant, Business Owner (Manufacturing and International Services)
Internship: Business Analyst - Strategy & Pricing, GE Energy
Treasurer and MBAP Representative
Undergrad Major/Year: Chemical Engineering/2009
Work Experience: Schlumberger - Field Engineer, WV; Dow Chemical - Production Engineer
Internship: Shell future Energy Technologies, Chemicals and Renewable Energy Policies