Your Rice MBA and Houston – It’s Closer Than You Think
Rice MBA has introduced a residency program for students commuting from outside the city. Experienced professionals can earn an MBA at one of the nation's leading business schools without career interruption, attending classes just two weekends a month for 22 months.
Consider the benefits of taking what you learn in the classroom and applying that knowledge to the workplace immediately. Form lasting relationships with locally-based faculty and fellow students who are active executives in the Houston business community.
Situated on Rice University's lush 285-acre campus, the Jones Graduate School of Business offers students the advantages of having faculty, staff, career management, admissions and student services accessible in one place.
The Jones Graduate School of Business is proud to offer a Program Travel Subsidy for the Friday/Saturday night hotel portion of your weekend commute. Hotel accommodations will be provided by Marriott Medical Center, located a few miles from campus. Note: Airfare or transportation is not included in the program costs. For more information about our Weekend Residency program, please contact the Rice MBA Admissions office at 713-348-4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekend Program Quick Facts
Rice MBA for Professionals
- In 2013, BusinessWeek ranked the Rice MBA for Professionals No. 7 overall in the U.S.
- Schedule is alternating weekends; Fridays (4:00pm - 9:30pm) and Saturdays (7:30am - 6:30 pm); summer break during months of June and July
- Credit hours and length of program: 54 credit hours; MBA completed in 22 months
- Choose 10 electives, with over 30+ weekend elective options
- Two mandatory six-day Immersion periods. First Immersion is prior to the start of the FIRST year. Second Immersion is prior to the start of the SECOND year.
- All classes are held in McNair Hall, home of the Jones Graduate School of Business located on the Rice University campus.
- All classes are taught by the same world-class faculty as the renowned Rice MBA Full-Time program.
- Extracurricular: Program capstone at the end; same access to student clubs based upon your own availability.