JGS OOT is now offering assistance to faculty in reaching their instructional objectives by providing support for instructional technologies and instructional design. Our mission is to advocate, assist and provide support for the use of technology as a tool to facilitate and enhance teaching and learning.
Along with instructional design we provide classroom technology support and services to the faculty, staff and students of the Jones Graduate Business School. Our team also provides equipment rentals, classroom set up assistance, classroom technology training, and videotaping and duplication services.
*** Please read the notice tab
before you make an appointment ***
JGS-EduTech is located on the 3rd floor, suite 306
Hours of Operation/Contact Information:
Monday – Thursday 7:30AM – 7:30PM
Friday 7:30AM – 6:00PM
Class Saturdays 7:30AM – 6:00PM
Sunday Closed (except for Special Events. Reservations MUST be made at least 2 weeks in advance.)
Phone: JGS EduTech Helpdesk 713-348-3949
Support Requests: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/submit.html
AV requests that require equipment setups or video support must be submitted in advance. Last minute requests run the risk of not being properly addressed and we do not wish to put you, your students or guests in that situation.
As a guideline, please keep the following in mind when making AV requests :
- Normal AV hours are 7:30am -7:30pm Mon-Thursday and 7:30 to 6 on Friday and class Saturdays.
- Laptop setups, microphone requests, etc. for classes or events occurring during normal hours should be requested at least 48 hours in advance. This allows us to ensure the equipment is available and mark our calendars to ensure the items are delivered on time.
- Special events and requests that involve off-hour support and weekends should be given at least a 2 week notice. This allows us time to arrange staffing for your event, have coverage to handle day-to-day requests without drops in service levels and give the staff time to arrange personal schedules to accommodate your request.
For AV requests, please send us an email.
JGS EdTech – Owl-Space Tutorials
JGS EdTech – Services
Educational Technology Services – In order to meet our goals and provide the most supportive environment possible for faculty, we offer the following services:
Consultation - We provide consultation services for JGS faculty for instructional projects, while meeting their instructional objectives and identifying technologies that will best meet the needs within the constraints of available resources. Consultation services are available for face-to-face, hybrid and online courses.
Instructional Design – We provide full course development from needs analysis, defining objectives, determining appropriate instructional strategies to effective evaluation and appropriate technology integration.
Faculty/Staff/Student workshop – We offer a variety of workshops in order to assist faculty, staff and students to integrate educational technologies into teaching and learning.
Classroom Technology Support - We provide full classroom technology support and services to the faculty, staff and students of the Jones Graduate Business School.
Other Services - Our team also provide equipment rentals, classroom set up assistance, classroom technology training, and videotaping and duplication services.
About Our Rooms
Cluster Classrooms (316, 317, 216, 217, 125 and 126)
Educational Technology Resources
JGS EdTech – Workshops
What is Instructional Technology?
It is a process that uses instructional tools in conjunction with learning theories to organize, sequence, present, and reinforce information appropriately for particular teaching/learning situations. At JGS-OOT we design and develop technology-enhanced instruction, which requires an understanding of the learner, the context, instructional goals, learning theory, instructional strategies, evaluation, and technological capabilities.Our goals are to:
- Serve as a resource to the faculty on pedagogical exploration and reflection
- Increase faculty awareness of instructional technologies and how to use them
- Provide assistance in course development and integration of technologies into the course curriculum
- Share expertise and build community around pedagogical aspects of technologies