JGS-IT was created to provide technology support and services to the faculty, staff and students of the Jones School. Our staff provide assistance in the area of desktop support, networking, technology procurement, instructional technology, programming and application support
To focus on customer service, proven and new technologies for the delivery of instruction, and the infrastructure to support high caliber collaborative research.
Technology Services is located on the 3rd floor suite 307
Hours of Operation/Contact Information:
|Monday – Friday
||8:00AM – 6:00PM
||9:00AM - 5:00PM
Phone: Helpdesk 713-348-8319
Support Requests: http://info.helpdesk.rice.edu
Technology Support Services
- New network and email accounts
- Hardware and Software Support
- Technology Procurement
- Network management and support
- Project Management
- Technology Inventory Management/Tracking
- Liaison for Rice IT
- Database development and support
- Instructional Technology Support
Service Request Procedures
The preferred method for problem requests is via the online request form:
- Go to http://info.helpdesk.rice.edu.
- Make sure to include your Rice email account and extension on the form
- Please be as detailed as possible on the request description
Requests can also be submitted s via e-mail to email@example.com. (online preferred)
Less preferred methods are phone or walk-ins (without first submitting a ticket or e-mail).
Feedback is important to the Office of Technology in order to maintain customer satisfaction. If you have a complaint, praise for a job well done or suggestions on how we can improve our operation, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.