The Operations Club is dedicated to provide opportunities for our members to learn the fundamental knowledge of Operation, Supply Chain, Logistics, and International Trade, and to network with professionals to better prepare themselves for their future career development.
The Operations Club strives to reduce the distance between the academic and industry environment by educating, advising, and advancing JGSB students. We educate by connecting with industry experts. We advise by providing feedback from supply chain and operations experience. We advance our members by connecting them with JGSB resources.
Please feel free to contact Lorena Daniel (Lorena.R.Daniel@rice.edu
) for further information.
Club Events for 2014-2015
- Club Kickoff - September 7, 2014
- Operations overview, faculty & officer introductions, what to expect
- Guest speaker: Chief Procurement Officer, ConocoPhillips
- FMC Technologies Trek - September 12, 2014
- Operations, 3D presentation, manufacturing plant tour, and networking lunch!
- Yellow Rose Distillery - November 7, 2014
- Startup, supply, distribution, and tasting!
- Sysco distribution center trek
- GE Oil & Gas Trek (Spring)
- FMC Technologies trek
- Schlumberger demo oil rig
- Toyota manufacturing trek