The mission of the Rice MBA Marketing Club is to create value for its members by providing access to distinguished faculty and alumni, extending the learning experience outside the classroom, and creating a forum for students to interact with marketing professionals.
At its core, the club is committed towards helping members achieve their professional and personal goals.
Throughout the school year, the Rice Marketing Club will host events, competitions and workshops that will allow both the Jones School to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase the network of organizations and companies looking to hire Rice MBAs
- Leverage Rice's academic disciplines in order to develop talented, principled and innovative marketing leaders
- Engage with members of the Rice, Houston and global marketing community in order to create a forum that fosters personal and professional development
- Empower students with the knowledge and skills needed to obtain desired internships or full-time career positions
- Create valuable and long-lasting relationships with other marketing club members, Jones School faculty and marketing professionals
Strategic Marketing Career Panel:
Rice Jones faculty and Alumni teaching and practicing in the field of marketing join current students early in the fall semester to discuss their education and experiences, and how to functionally translate that work into a true marketing role in a reputable company. The panel provides a great opportunity to network with decision makers in well-known and respected companies.
Marketing Case Competition:
MBA students from business programs across the US compete for cash prizes by analyzing and solving a challenge presented in a marketing case. The Rice Marketing Case Competition not only provides an opportunity for students to apply their marketing skills and experiences towards solving business problems, but also gives them the ability to network with companies, other business professionals and students from top MBA programs.
Stay tuned for updates on this year's event.
For more information about the competition, including details on how to register, please reach out to April Sinha at April.J.Sinha@rice.edu.
The Rice Marketing Symposium is an invaluable opportunity to hear from some of the brightest marketing minds in Houston. Through this event, we seek not only to provide marketing professionals and students with valuable education and insight into current strategic marketing trends and best practices, but also to strengthen relationships with leading marketing professionals and their respective organizations.
Last year's event featured prominent speakers from Stewart Title, Dell, Whitestone REIT, and Academy Sports + Outdoors:
- John Arcidiacono - Chief Marketing Officer, Stewart Title
- Teresa Joy - North America Commercial Business Intelligence & Strategy, Dell
- Christine Mastandrea - Vice President of Product Strategy, Whitestone REIT
- Anita Sehgal -Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising, Academy Sports + Outdoors
Stay tuned for updates on this year's event at the event-specific website: http://business.rice.edu/rms2014/.
For more information about the Symposium, including details on how to register, please reach out to Brad Prescott at BradPrescott@rice.edu.