In which areas of specialization will the Jones Graduate School be accepting Ph.D. applications for Fall 2015 admissions?
For Fall 2016 admissions, the Jones Graduate School is accepting applications in Finance, Marketing, and Strategic Management.
What is your application deadline (including all supplemental documentation and materials)?
The deadline for receipt of all application materials for the Fall 2016 Program start date is Monday, January 15, 2016. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their online application and supporting materials 2 – 3 weeks prior to January 15, 2016 to avoid any potential delays in processing.
When will I receive a decision?
Candidates will be notified of admission decisions via email no later than April 15, 2016.
How do I apply?
Visit http://business.rice.edu/PhD.aspx, and click “Apply to Ph.D. Program”. Using this online application site, you will create a user account for the creation and submission of your application, and from which you may check the status of your submitted application and receipt of your supplemental documentation.
What are the application requirements?
To be considered for admission, the following documents must be received no later than the posted application deadline:
- Completed online Jones Graduate School Ph.D. application including a Personal Statement Essay and CV/Résumé.
- Three confidential evaluations. Evaluations may be submitted using the online application recommendation feature, or mailed separately in an envelope sealed and signed across the seal by the evaluator.
- Official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Transcripts must be received in envelopes sealed and signed across the seal by the issuing institution registrar. Uncertified photocopies are not acceptable. To be considered, all documents not in English must be accompanied by official English translations. These translations must bear an original ink signature and seal, and translations alone will not be acceptable.
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score report, or GRE score report. (Test taker copy not acceptable.)
- To send your official GMAT score report, log on to http://www.mba.com/mba/, click “The GMAT” then “GMAT Scores and Score Reports”. The “Rice University Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business – PhD Program” code is 3WS-WD-54.
- To send your official GRE score report, log on to http://www.ets.org , under “Tests” click “GRE”. Under “Test Takers” click “Order Additional Score Reports”. The “Rice U Mgmt PhD Program” code is 6618.
If you did not earn your undergraduate degree in the U.S., English-speaking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom, an official score report of your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) taken within 2 years of your application date is required (test-taker copy not acceptable). This requirement is waived for international applicants who have received a Master's degree or a Doctorate from an institution within the U.S., English-speaking Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom by the application deadline.
To send your official TOEFL score report, log on to http://www.ets.org , under “Tests” click “TOEFL” and then “Test Scores”. The “Rice University-Management PhD Program” code is 6618.
A non-refundable application fee of $40 payable via credit card or check. Please make checks payable to Rice University. Applications will not be processed without the required application fee.
Are there minimum GMAT/GRE score requirements?
While our program is highly competitive, we do not have a minimum GMAT/GRE score requirement.
Where do I send my supplemental application materials?
While most of your application materials will be submitted electronically via our online application, materials that must be mailed should be addressed to:
PhD Admissions / MS 531
Jones Graduate School of Business
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005
May I submit simultaneous applications to the Ph.D. program and one of the MBA programs at the Jones Graduate School?
No. Applicants may not apply for, or be considered for, more than one program at a time within the Jones Graduate School.