Joining the Program
We seek candidates with intellectual curiosity and analytical aptitude that possess at least 10 years of progressive management and leadership experience.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-348-4918.
MBA for Executives Calendar - Class of 2015 Year One
Online Application Checklist
- Completed online application.
- Two personal essays submitted online (12 point font; single- or double-spaced).
- Professional resume submitted online.
- Official test scores submitted to the Jones School (GMAT and English proficiency exam waivers are granted on a case by case basis).
- One confidential evaluation submitted to our office provided that this one evaluation is from your current, direct supervisor. If this one evaluation is not from your current supervisor, you are required to submit two confidential evaluations.
- Official transcripts of all previous coursework mailed to our office.
- $125 USD application fee paid online or by check mailed to our office (payable to Rice University).
Application Deadline Dates
||Monday, October 28, 2013
||Monday, January 6, 2014
||Monday, February 24, 2014
||Monday, April 7, 2014
(EMBA and MBAP only)
|Tuesday, June 9, 2014
***Applications submitted before the application deadline will be
considered on a rolling basis. Admissions decisions should take
approximately four to six weeks upon completion of your application.
Please contact us at (713) 348-4918 or email@example.com
for details. Apply Now
Admission to the Rice MBA for Executives program is a highly selective process. We recruit candidates who have demonstrated a history of superlative academic aptitude, through your 4-year undergraduate degree, GPAs, and test scores. An undergraduate degree from an accredited US institution or international equivalent is essential. If you have completed a 3-year Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree, we also require a 2-year Master of Commerce (MCom) degree.
Your leadership potential is assessed by your management experience, both on the job and through extracurricular activities. Candidates with at least 10 years of work experience are preferred. Your resume, evaluations from employers and/or professors, and your essay responses should indicate your level of leadership skill.
Your personal goals, work experience, and reasons for choosing the Jones School are critical elements of your application, and should illustrate intangible factors, such as: Why are you pursuing an MBA? How have you benefited from your academic, professional and personal opportunities? What qualities will you bring to the Jones School, and what will you seek from us?
The following two essays must be competed and submitted in 12 point font, either single or double spaced.
you evaluate where you are today, how have your educational, professional, and
personal endeavors brought you to this point? In addition, please explain
how the Rice EMBA is part of your future plan. (Maximum 750 words)
EMBA program includes learning that comes through students sharing their
experiences with one another. Assuming
you have one minute of time, please describe to the Admissions Committee how
you would add value to the Rice EMBA Class of 2016? (Maximum 250 words)
Official test scores must be submitted along with your application.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Code: 3WS-WD-58
Visit http://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat. GMAT test scores are valid for five years.
- International applicants who did not earn an undergraduate degree from
an institution where the primary language of instruction was English,
must submit a valid score report from one of the following:
1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
2. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
3. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
All English proficiency test scores are valid for two years. Please allow at least four
weeks for your test results to reach us. The English language test
requirement is automatically waived for international applicants with
master’s degrees or a PhD from colleges or universities where English
was the primary language of instruction.
Evaluations should be written by individuals who have known you professionally, and can attest to your potential as an MBA candidate. One of these should be from your direct supervisor. Specific and detailed insights on your administrative and/or academic performance should offer a well-rounded perspective on your professional history.
Tuition for the Class of 2015 is $109,000.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Second week of August 2013
- First week of January 2014
- Second week of August 2014
- First week of January 2015